Fellow Canadian boy, Rob “Bobby Maximus” MacDonald joins Ben on the podcast today to break down the training, conditioning, and mindset of a UFC champ.
Bobby is the General Manager, Training Director, and Lead Seminar Instructor at Gym Jones. His experiences as a professional fighter and high-level athlete have helped to form the training at Gym Jones and the direction of the project.
For the full show notes, offers from our sponsors, and resources from the episode, head over to
– 2:00 The Maximus Body
– 6:30 The behind the scenes truth about the training and technique in the sport of jiu-jitsu.
– 8:49 What a day of Jiu Jitsu training actually looks like.
– 11:23 The serious mental struggles that occur when you don’t have a specific goal.
– 13:00 The coaches behind Bobby’s success in Jiu-Jitsu.
– 14:00 The challenges behind the road to the UFC championship.
– 18:39 Making the shift from kickboxing and bouncing in a club to winning
– 24:15 Inside the Maximus Body philosophy.
– 25:10 Getting bullied and getting beat up by hockey players.
– 28:16 Overcoming self-limiting beliefs and the 2 things Bobby did every morning that changed his life.
– 30:30 The Green Light Thought Experiment.
To learn more about intelligent execution and strategic nutrition, join us on www.mi40nation.com
Follow our Facebook pages for tons of execution and training tips –
Complete workouts, exclusive videos, educational articles and the world’s best information to take control of your body to build muscle, lose fat, and upgrade your health – www.mi40nation.com
Follow us on Instagram @mi40muscleintelligence and @mi40_gym for an inside look at the Muscle Intelligence HQ.
Don’t miss the latest training and education videos. Subscribe here – www.youtube.com/user/BenPakIFBB